Monday 14 February 2011

The vaguaries of screen resolution!

I love shopping online, no crowds, no queues, no parking issues or heavy bags to carry but sometimes it doesn't work out as planned. It all has to do with that little statement  about screen resolution differing from computer to computer.

A case in point is the blue heart earrings I have planned. I made the necklace and the bracelet but need smaller hearts for the earrings. I couldn't find them so I went online - how hard could it be?

From the description and picture I thought I had matched up my glass hearts, alas not so! I said I would show case them here but I can only show you the bracelet and another necklace I made. I know I shouldn't make the same mistake twice but I have ordered more blue glass hearts online in the hope that they will match - ever the optimist!

The bracelet to match the necklace seen in a previous blog post. Finished with a sterling silver toggle clasp and sterling findings, it consists of 4 strands of silver lined glass seed beads and royal blue glass faceted beads with a chunky 20mm glass heart focal bead.

 

A simple but pretty 3 strand clear glass chip necklace interspersed with silver beads and finished with a silver plated toggle clasp.

A less 'arty' shot so you can see the whole necklace.


Thanks for visiting today I wish you a lovely week and as always comments most welcome!

2 comments:

AMIdesigns said...

I absolutely love the blue heart! I've awarded you a Stylish Blog Award - please check out my blog for more details :)

Beeshebags said...

Hi there, sorry to hijack one of your posts, but I don't seem to have an email contact for you, head on over to my blog and please email me your snail mail address, so that I can send you Hooty.....yes, you did read right, CONGRATULATIONS, you are the winner of her. Hugs Naomi