Tuesday 19 January 2010

Love is in the air - Valentine's Day is on it's way!

I love hearts, they are my favourite shape and I include them where ever I can.
My cat is called Valentine although he is round and fluffy and not heart shaped at all! He was my 2008 Valentine gift and I adore him, much preferred to an expensive bunch of roses that wilt in a week.

Below were commissions. It was the first time I have done anything like that and writing with liquid glass is tricky but I had fun working on them.
Anyway, I was thinking they would be a lovely way to declare your love for that special someone at any time of the year. But for those who avoid schmaltzy red hearts they are still very romantic.

Colours and initials to suit, presented in a gift box.

For her



For him


I captured a shot of this couple in our garden. Unfortunately my lens was focussed on him when she came into sight so her face is a bit blurred. Such a pity as she is really nervous and was only there for a second. I only ever see her late at night.
I am hoping they will bring their babies to visit in due course.

I know not everyone likes foxes but I love all wildlife and these two are beautiful and happily mange free so I am hoping healthy cubs will follow.

3 comments:

Abi said...

love the cufflinks!
I had to award 12 people a blog award and I picked you as one. If you go to my blog you can accept your award.
Abi x

Anonymous said...

A couple of foxes in the snow, what a beautiful picture. I live in the country side and I sometimes see them cross the road. I love their colour. When my boys were younger there was a lady who had a tamed fox and she visited schools with him. I think he was left alone by his mother and she kind of adopted him. He was like a dog and the children had so much fun!

Adagio Beadcrafters said...

foxes in the garden, really?! wow