Monday 7 December 2009

Some new dichroic glass pendant sets

I don't know why I do it but when I get asked if I can do something I say yes! Even when I know it's not going to be easy to come up with the goods.

So at a recent craft fair, when a customer was looking through my unset stones and came across 2 she liked and asked if I could make a matching pendant .........
I said yes! I did add the proviso that if I couldn't get a match I would make a matching set closest to her chosen colours. (covered my base there at least)


For those who don't work with glass the reason it's not straight forward is that some glass is eg Blue/Magenta/Green so it will come out one of those colours after firing all depending on how much is used and whether the background is opaque or translucent. Then there are a variety of hues and because I don't write down every (read none) combo I am firing it makes trying to remember what went into a piece challenging.

I don't like to make anything twice and I know that by being as random as I am there is little chance and, in the last 3 years, no duplication so each piece is delightfully unique and OOAK.


The result is several sets in a matching style were created in order to create the closest matching set. You can tell by the variety that even when trying hard to duplicate my previous efforts I have not been successful!

I don't mind of course as it lands up as stock but along with my New Year revamp of my website I am having a rethink and will make lots of sets!
Dichroic glass is notoriously difficult to photograph because it is so sparkly and I have to redo the other pics so look out for that.

Where would I be without my ever present and very helpful assistant Valentine?

No comments: